workshops & training programs
Each training program offers a practical, interactive experience in a personalized setting and is facilitated by a highly knowledgeable certified coach and trainer with over 20 years leadership experience working with both private and public organizations. Participants will benefit from attending any of these dynamic, fun and engaging training programs developed to improve their performance, engagement and capabilities. Each program is designed specifically to inspire learning and self-empowerment. Participants take away practical new skills and resources to face obstacles more confidently, as well as lead and communicate more effectively and authentically.
All programs are customized to reflect each client’s requirements. As such, program costs and session duration are determined when the client’s goals are confirmed.
PROGRAMS FOR LEADERS & BUSINESS OWNERS
LEADERS AS COACHES 4 part series
Are you looking to have people want to work for you and to attract top talent? Do you want your team to become more effective, less stressed, and less distracted at work?
Flexible Workshop Format
This hands-on coaching development series is built around a 4-component framework anchored in essential leadership competencies.
The 4 component leaders as coaches competency framework includes:
Part 1: Build Trust & Listening Skills – so people want to work with and act on what you say
Part 2: Inspire Commitment through purpose and goal alignment
Part 3: Grow Skills -help your team build new competencies and close the learning gap
Part 4: Promote Persistence – help your team make learning last
Learn coach-like behaviours of leaders who: ask powerful questions, actively listen, and help people take accountability, understand their value to the organization and to their own development.
THE SUCCESSFUL LEADER IN YOU
Leadership doesn’t involve a title. It is driven by the choices you make and the goals you set and achieve. When you’re motivated by a purpose that is important to you, your ability to influence and lead is greatly amplified. Knowing desired competencies and behaviours for developing your inner leader will drive successful outcomes for you and your team.
This workshop will help you fine-tune self awareness while providing you with resources that highlight key leadership skills and grow your leadership mindset.
- Discover ways to acknowledge your inner leader in action
- Unpack the importance of self awareness and self reflection
- Address the value in identifying and playing to your strengths
- Examine ways to grow your leadership mindset
- Gain tips to help you prepare for professional development planning
- Explore the impact of change and the role stress plays
CANDID CONVERSATIONS FOR OPTIMAL OUTCOMES
As a leader with direct report responsibilities, developing those under your guidance and providing ongoing feedback is one of your primary objectives. Not everyone has the innate gift of being diplomatic, genuine and calm when giving feedback. The good news is that it is a skill you can learn with patience, practice and experience. By getting comfortable giving feedback, you become the leader other people want to work with.
When asked, most leaders share that they don’t give developmental or constructive feedback because of the fear of not being able to control or anticipate how the other person will respond. What if they react with denial, withdrawal, anger or aggression?
When done well, the benefits of giving feedback:
- Demonstrate care, involvement and strengthening of relationships
- Steer or redirect actions and provide clarity about the bigger picture
- Help define successful behaviours
- Increase the person’s self-awareness
- Heighten efficiency and reduce communication misunderstandings
- Tips for making feedback real, relevant and valuable
- Learn the steps in the feedback
- Deal appropriately with emotional reactions
- Learn the pitfalls to avoid
CONSCIOUS HABITS THAT DELIVER BIG RESULTS
Team members develop specific ways of interacting and getting work done. We all have habits that work for us and others that don’t serve us or others well. They may even undermine the success of the team. At work, these habits and patterns appear as behaviours like meeting deadlines, planning, decision making and honouring commitments.
- Learn how to break unwanted habits and develop good habits
- Avoid common mistakes when attempting to introduce a new habit
- Explore productivity hacks for more effective time management (create more time to work on new habits)
- Discover how to deal with obstacles and new habit development setbacks
- Consciously develop norms that best serve your team’s efforts
ALIGNING TEAMS FOR EXCEPTIONAL RESULTS
Once workshop participants complete their personal DISCstyles™ self-assessment, we explore the team dynamics based on the four behaviour styles — Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientious. This is a highly interactive and insightful workshop.
DISC is a simple, practical, easy to remember and universally applicable model. It focuses on individual patterns of external, observable behaviours and measures the intensity of characteristics using scales of directness and openness for each of the four styles: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientious. Using the DISC model, it is easy to identify and understand our own style, recognize and cognitively adapt to different styles, and develop a process to communicate more effectively with others.
FOSTERING TRUST IN THE WORKPLACE
Learning Outcomes Include:
- The role trust plays in the workplace with a focus on change, productivity, collaboration and innovation;
- The leader’s role in fostering trust in teams, with direct reports, colleagues and with the organization as a whole;
- The observable behaviours and outcomes when distrust exists at work;
- What questions to ask yourself to assess how much others have confidence and trust in you
- Ways to inspire and extent trust
- How to restore trust.
PROGRAMS FOR ALL
YOUR MENTAL HEALTH TOOLKIT
A QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
We don’t think twice about putting a band-aid on a cut or repairing a tire when it has a hole in it, yet so many of us don’t know what to do when we feel emotional pain. Stigma and fear can stop us from making choices that help us prevent a mental illness from developing or worsening. Even though so is known about mental illness, myths and misunderstandings still exist in alarming numbers.
This interactive session uses every day practical examples to:
- Build mental health awareness
- How to respond to mental health issues,
- How to foster psychological health and safety in an upbeat and practical way.
- Consider that mental health is as important as physical health and that it is a key part of overall health
- Understand common mental health problems
- Consider the impact of mental health sigma and myths
- Explore what triggers mental illness
- Learn practical ways to take care of and maintain their mental well-being
LIFE WELL MADE
NUTRITION TIPS FOR THE PREVENTATIVE CARE OF YOUR MIND & BODY
Every choice you make collectively creates the lifestyle you live. Your choices determine your quality of life. Stress and emotions play a big role in your lifestyle and what you choose to eat. Learn what triggers poor lifestyle and nutritional habits and how — by making small, practical, adjustments to your daily habits — you’ll experience positive differences in how you look and feel.
This program highlights ways food and lifestyle help prevent illness and disease. You’ll learn about nutrition and supplements that support healthy weight management, prevent aging, reduce stress, and are cancer fighting and cholesterol lowering.
Learn how to take control and prevent illness or disease from taking control of you!
- What it means to listen to signals in your body and learn body intelligence techniques
- Intrinsic motivation and what drives your choices — healthy or unhealthy
- The importance of proper digestion and ways to quickly improve it;
- What foods heal or harm as well as supplements to replenish and optimize your health
- Tips for eating preventatively to reduce inflammation in the body and promote healing
- What small changes you can make now to help you feel better almost immediately.
MANAGING CHANGE THROUGH EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Research shows that the ability to understand the impact of change is key. What is more important is the ability to recognize the psychological transition that a change event triggers in people. This interactive workshop explores the stages of change, the emotional response to change and how you can successfully navigate change and avoid undue stress and potential conflict.
IMPROVE YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Be more aware and more intentional about your emotions. Emotional Intelligence is proven to play more critical role in professional success than IQ. The great news is that Emotional Intelligence can be learned. Attend this workshop to help you explore your own level of emotional intelligence and gain a comprehensive list of tips to manage your emotions. You’ll also gain insights about ways to recognize the emotions of others and how to communicate more effectively with them.
“Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance.
It’s helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
Before you embark on your coaching journey,
let’s schedule a
introductory coaching call